Tuesday 28 July 2015

City Girl // 2 Trench 4 Ways


A classic and feminine piece with is just right up my alley. Saw it online and knew I had to get my hands on it. What's better than a cardigan? A lightweight trench coat. For the 1st look, I went for a classic skater dress and a pair of tweed plimsolls for a feminine New York-er look. I love how both the trench and skater dress flows as I move. To transition from day to night, bust out those nude heels and a Fuchsia clutch for a punch of sassy-ness. 

The second outfit could totally pull off as a work outfit if you work in a creative or semi-formal environment. Pairing the trench with an all black ensemble would be great for days where there isn't much time to dress up or if you're running late. Effortless.

1st Look
Dress - Doublewoot.com
Shoes - Korea [similar here]

2nd Look
Top - Mango
Jeans - TopShop Busted Knees Jamie Jeans
Shoes - Korea


Zalora Black Lightweight Trench
For traveling, I would pair this with a white T, stretchy black pants, a large scarf and a pair of vans or boots for comfort and style. But since we are going "City Girl" this time round, lets style it some what different :)

Muted down the whole ensemble and let my jeans do the talk. For a bolder look, try going for coloured trousers or light-washed ripped jeans. Lastly, thought of incorporating some prints and colour to spice things up so I went for my trusty cracked top and bubblegum pink skirt.

1st Look
Top - Mango
Jeans - HnM
Shoes - Zalora.com [similar here]

2nd Look
Top - Something Borrowed @ Zalora.com
Skirt - HnM
Shoes - Zalora.com

These 2 trenches have been the best purchases I've made this year other than my Organix Coconut Water Shampoo! Spending money on a classic piece that can bring you through Spring, Summer & Autumn [paired with thicker knits] is a worthy investment. There are definitely more ways to style a light weight trench and I can't wait to fully incorporate this into my wardrobe!

Fyi: I got both in XS. Use code ZBAPqLL upon checkout for an extra 15% off your order.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment