Saturday 13 June 2015

Looking For A Summer Lip Colour?


Made a sneaky trip to the Dior counter and came back with some goodies. If you can tell, I do prefer lip products that has a more coral-y orange-y shade. Gosh where did those words come from. *slaps forehead* Since Dior is higher end in terms of the price point, I thought I'd share an insight of how I feel about them and whether is it worth dishing out those cash. Especially for you beauty junkie out there who are thinking of upping your lip game.

Dior Addict Lip Gloss in 732 Seafarer - A bright bright orange that leans tad more towards red. Well yes, its a toned down version of a red. Gorgeous packaging, flirtatious shade, non-sticky formula and an applicator that is dummy friendly. Aside from the fact that I'm a friendly dummy using dummy friendly product, this lip gloss gave me juicy looking lips in just one swipe. Which I'm all up for. It doesn't dry my lips out nor does it bleed out of the lip line. However, one issue I have with this product is that it doesn't stay on my lips, at all. Just past 1 hour, juiciness turns into a sheeny tint. Give and take slightly longer than an hour my lips becomes naked & we are all back to square one. Lip gloss literally disappeared. Lmao.

I couldn't justify repurchasing or getting other colour in the same range because reapplication is required and that itself is too high maintenance for my current lifestyle.

Dior Addict Lip Glow in 004 Coral - So, are you wondering why did I splurge on a standard lip balm bejeez instead of a bright pop of colour? Personally, I'm not too fond of heavily coating my lips on an ordinary work day therefore it was justifiable for me to fork out $$$ on an everyday lip colour. Ladies, I love this product. Have been using it non-stop since the day I got it and also at the very same time, begging it to not die on me so quickly T_T

It has a faint vanilla scent with balmy smooth texture that glides on the lips without dragging and a packaging that looks beautiful yet sturdy. On the lips it gives a slightly plump look with a glossy wash of colour which can be layered up as much as you fancy. Most importantly it wears off subtly leaving a light pink tint by the end of the day. I appreciate how it moisturizes my lips like a balm, provides some colour like a lip stick and so lightweight like I'm not wearing anything at all. Putting this on makes me feel glamorous and worth a million bucks. Can you already tell this is a winner? : )


Happy Saturday! <3

What's Next : 5 Ways to Start Your Morning

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment