Saturday 30 May 2015

Nerdy Review // Battle of the Powders


I have been a powder person for as long as I'm aware of. But recently, to be exact for the past 6 months, I have been slowly ditching the powder face & started to embrace the healthy glow. The 3 powders you see in the above are the ones that have been rotating in my makeup/travel makeup bag. After using them quite a good period of time, I can now provide my verdict.

1. Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder in 53 Beige Clair
One of my favourites so far. The price is reasonable, could be found in the drugstore, so finely milled it doesn't cake up, has a slim packaging with build-in mirror, light weight, has a faint floral scent and most importantly it doesn't clog pores. The faint floral scent however might not be everyone's cup of tea. For a drugstore powder, it has done everything it should have done. There isn't anything to complain about, other than the colour range. Since it is from the drugstore, this powder comes in 4 shades only.

The reason why I've partially stopped using this is because shade 53 a little too neutral for my skin tone. As my skin has yellow undertones, this doesn't match me perfectly. Overall, I would still recommend this to people who needs a simple powder that works.

2. Soap n Glory Instant Retouch Pressed Powder
Best face powder till date. By looking at the picture above, you could tell the powder is very yellowish which really brightens up my face without changing the colour of the base! No matter how much I slap this on, this powder somehow doesn't show on the skin. Weirdly amazing how invisible this product is. I like how the compact comes with a mirror and doesn't have a scent. Personally, I don't think this has any coverage at all. But since I don't mind my little imperfection peeking through, it's not an issue to me :)

Soap n Glory makes good beauty products and this is the very first makeup product I've tried. I have the 'One Heck of a Blot' powder at home and is currently being testing out.

3. Innisfree No Sebum Mineral Pact
Before my trip to Seoul I did some research online just get some knowledge on Korean cult beauty products and all that jazz. This powder was largely recommended by several bloggers so I caved in and bought it. At the first sight, don't you think this product is organic, natural and lightweight? After using it a handful of times, I stopped reaching for it. This is why:

~ It is so powdery that the powder clings onto my dry patches like no other. Emphasizes them as if I have skin disease.
~ Doesn't apply smoothly. Picked some up with my brush, gently swiped across my face and ended up with a blotch of white powder in the middle of my forehead. LOL.

Gosh, thank goodness I bought one only. Seriously considered buying two because the reviews were so convincing! Anyways, do you have a powder that you love? After I'm done testing out all powders on hand, Laura Mercier's loose setting powder is next :)

Happy Saturday people!

What's Next : Manicure May // Essie Midnight Cami

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment