Friday 23 October 2015

Food In Tasmania // Machine Laundry Cafe


A place with major personality. The <Machine Laundry Cafe> reminded me of restaurants in the 90s where hipster kids would hang out at. There were washing machines spinning literally. Also, a little walled-humour tickled my funny bone. Stood there reading every single piece of poster & artwork stuck onto the mint green wall whilst waiting for my food to be served. 

Ordered the oh-so typical brunch option. Bacon on toast with poached eggs and hollandaise sauce. The toast was normal, good, because we were spoiled by the fantastic sourdough from here and here so it wasn't a huge breakthrough. However, those poached eggs and coffee were delightful. Aromatic and way stronger than the others I've had in town. Yet again, the place was packed by locals so you know its a must go when you're in Hobart, Tasmania.

Snagged some free postcards on the wall and saw a lady chowing her cereal bowl thing. Darn. Wish I had that so now it only means I gotta head back for that cereal, coffee and free postcards. Hehe.

Machine Laundry Cafe
Address : 12 Salamanca Square, Battery Point TAS 7004 Australia.
Hours   : 7:30a.m.-5:00p.m.

Thank you for reading and Happy Friday!

Don't wanna miss out future Nerdyness? Follow me on Bloglovin' and Instagram <3

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment