Thursday 16 October 2014

Nerd Reviews : L'Oreal Butterfly Waterproof Mascara


Finally I'm giving this Mascara an honorable blog post. I bought mine at Olive Young in Seoul because at that point of time, Malaysia didn't stock it yet and echemist.com sells the non-waterproof version only. Good news for all Malaysians because it is now available at any Watsons and priced at Rm49 after discount.

The Butterfly mascara has a rather fat packaging, a weird wonky rubber wand and also a slightly wet formula. To be honest, I was worried because wetter formula tends to weigh my lashes, making them droopy. Generally, mascara works better after being opened for 1 month. This is because the formula and texture of the mascara will dry up a tad bit, making it  less heavy for the lashes. However, this one worked wonders on my lashes the first day I used it!

Initially, the famous and unconventional wand intimidated me because I have Asian eyes and the wand looked a little too sharp and huge for small eyeballs! :) But after several uses, I find the wand wonderful because it's shaped in a way to catch all of our tiny outer lashes and make them flutter out like a Butterfly. 

In terms of removability, the product do need a little more effort to remove. I use an oil based eye makeup remover from skin food. Just soak a cotton pad and place it on my eyeballs for about 10-15 secs in order to remove the product entirely. Since I use waterproof mascara most of the time, I'm okay with the time spent.

This mascara provides sufficient volume and length to the lashes. Most importantly, it doesn't smudge on me! Definitely the best one I've tried so far. If you see me with 'smokey' eyes one day, 100% I'm not wearing this. 

I snapped a few pictures of me with the mascara on so that you can see how the mascara works on me. 


Fresh Lashes


One coat of L'Oreal Butterfly Mascara


Two coats of L'Oreal Butterfly mascara


No bottom lash mascara


Bottom lashes coated with Clinique lash power

Its not easy & comfortable to take a picture that close...at least for me. But what other ways to show damn lashes right? I will definitely repurchase this mascara in the future! But in the meanwhile, I'm eye-ing on a mascara from Tarte :p

By the way, the best shot of my life is below. Gotta sacrifice for my blog. =/ Don't laugh.






Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment